Here is what you’ll need!
FRENCH CHEESE PUFFS
95 grams butter
125 milliliters water
125 milliliters milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
250 grams plain flour
150 grams Emmental cheese, grated (or your favourite cheese)
100 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
25 grams chives, finely chopped
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
2. In a large sauce pan over a medium heat, add the butter, water, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Allow butter to melt and bring to a boil.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil add the flour. Stir vigorously until a dough forms. Cook the dough for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove pan from the heat and transfer dough to a large bowl. Allow dough to cool for around 5 minutes.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. A thick, smooth mixture should be achieved that just about falls off the spoon.
6. Add in the Parmesan, chives, and 100 grams Emmental, and stir until fully incorporated.
7. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto a lined baking tray. Each one should be around 1 inch wide.
8. Wet the end of your finger and gently tap down the peek.
9. Lightly brush with beaten egg yolk and the remaining Emmental.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed up and golden.
11. Enjoy warm from the oven with your dips of choice.