Recipe! (written by Dan)
(For 12 normal mini meringues) YOU WILL NEED:
100g Golden Caster Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Cornflour
1/2 Lemon for zest and juice
Metal bowl and whisks
Writing icing for decoration
1) Heat oven to 120c fan/140c/gas mark 1
2) Clean your metal – no grease! (vinegar/lemon and wipe)
3) Separate your egg whites into metal bowl – NO YOLK
4) Whisk your egg whites slowly (build up dem protein strands) when it starts to bubble SPEED IT UP!
5) Slowly add sugar/cornflour/lemon zest/juice
6) When it’s thicc and shiny it’s done – STIFF PEAKS!
7) Scare someone with the upside-down test
8) Separate into different bowls and add tiny bit of food colouring
9) Get piping bag and carefully spoon in
10) Stick baking paper to tray
11) Delicately spoon meringue into piping bags
12) Delicately pipe onto baking tray in shapes – leave space to rise!
13) Cook in oven for 30 minutes – they’re done when you can lift them off the paper easily!
14) Leave to cool on a wire rack
15) Decorate with icing sugar or NOT WHATEVER
16) Share photos of how yours turned out better than ours and enjoy eating them as they’re actually v delicious.